Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Aaron's Projects


Here are a few pictures of things that Aaron has been working on up at church. He and Randy (one of our trusty church members) put in a sand volleyball court and a new playground. I know that some of you may thinking, "Why in the world would they put in a sand volleyball court at church?" Well here's the answer:

1. Its Aaron Johnson we are talking about


2. Sand volleyball is really fun to play



Yep, and that's about it. We think that it will be a good outreach tool for our youth group, but we've noticed that the adults really like playing too. My only complaint is that we didn't build a pool to accompany our court. I hate being sweaty and sandy and not able to jump in some cool refreshing water. Which reminds me...I miss the days of just running around in my bathing suit and/or shorts and sports bra. Now that I'm a pastor's wife, I have to remain fully clothed. For those of you that know me well...my summertime attire used to be wearing as little as possible. Oh how things change!

3 comments:

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

So cool and fun! Go Johnsons....I know the church will appreciate that. I know that took some effort on Aaron's part even though most won't recognize it--well done guys. :)
ejw
PS- Yes Rachael, sorry no more hot pants unless swimming in the pool :)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I think the sand volleyball court at the church is a fantastic idea!! Kids'll love it, too and I bet you're right- great outreach tool.

Amelia said...

I'm so excited to see how much your church grows!