Wednesday, September 26, 2007

City Girl

Hi hi hi everyone...I've been so slow to update my blog. I think about doing it everyday, but for one reason or another I forget and so the updates lately have been few and far between.

This past weekend I spent a CRAZY weekend in NYC with 6 of my amazing college roomates. We all studied abroad together in Florence, Italy and immediately became soulmates. I'm freaking serious. I only see these girls once a year because we live all over the US, but when we get together its like magic. Let me give you a rundown of the roomies....

Jess (Turkey Weenie): Somehow a lot of our get togethers always seem to be on this gals birthday - She is so amazing, beautiful, funny, and crazy. But has a serious side and is an amazing friend. I feel like she's the one that pulls the whole group together and I love her for it! Oh and she's got a great boyfriend too!

Amy (Amo the Lamo): You never know what crazy thing is going to happen next when Amy's around. She is probably the most spontaneously funny person I have ever met. She loves to laugh and have a great time, but she has a beautiful heart. She works for a nonprofit that builds playgrounds in underprivileged neighborhoods. And she's stinkin HOT and let me borrow a fabulous dress this past weekend!

Kristin (Krissy B): I don't even know where to begin. I met this girl on the plane to Italy and she's not even an "official" roomate, but the second that we met her we knew that we had to adopt her into our little group. She is an amazing friend is always watching out for everyone. She has great style and somehow turned a pair of old pjs into a sexy little dress - Don't ask me how but she did it. And with her gorgeous red hair , how can you not like Krissy??!

Melanie (Smelly Mel): No, she doesn't really smell - I don't know why we settled on that nickname, but we did. Melanie is a tough gal from Jersy with a heart of gold. She loves hard metal, but somehow puts up with all of our girly dance music. If you catch her in the right moment she'll even bust out a dance move or two. Mel just recently bought a house in New Jersy and loves to garden. Oh and she's a great artist too...We all LOVE Melanie and for some reason she loves us too.

Sarah: Umm Sarah never really got a nickname that stuck, but she doesn't really need one. Just saying her name makes us all break out into HUGE grins! Sarah is the craziest mix of ideas, philosophies, passions, ect. You never know what Sarah's knew idea is or where she's moving to next. Literally no idea. Earlier last year I called Sarah and was informed by her mother that she had moved to Switzerland to join a Christian Commune called L'Abri. <--See what I mean? Sarah is absolutely amazing and I wish that she'd move to Texas because I know we'd have a blast. Oh and she's got a smokin hot body! (HOLLA!)

Beth (Bethy): Beth wasn't able to make it to New York this year because she didn't have the money - Want to know why... Umm she was saving for a TRIP AROUND THE WORLD! Yeah you read that right. Anyways, Beth is fantastic and I'm so bummed that she wasn't there because I really need to catch up with her and see what's going on in that girls life.

Sorry that was so long, but these girls are fabulous and those descriptions didn't even begin to do them justice! We had the best time together and I'll hopefully get some pictures put up tomorrow night and tell you more about the trip and everything else that has been going on in my life lately!

REJ

0 comments: