Monday, September 17, 2007

Whirlwind

Sorry I've been so slow about updating... Things have been pretty normal, but busy. I went to Rockwall yesterday after church and spent the evening with my family. We went down to The Harbour and ate at Glorias (amazing!). Then my parents showed me all of the new shops that are opening up down there. My parents have done a great job getting that place up and running. For those of you that don't know, my parents are real estate developers in Rockwall and their newest project is a wonderful shopping center on Lake Ray Hubbard. There are tons of great restaurants, shops, fountains, a movie theater, Hilton hotel, a lighthouse, and boat docks. So yeah - I'm really proud of them!

After dinner we came back home and just sat outside on the porch and talked for over an hour. I miss the days of just sitting with my parents and just talking. Then my sister and I drove into Dallas and I spent the night at her place. I absolutely love spending time with my family - I wish that I lived just a little bit closer to them, so that I could see them every couple days instead of every couple weeks.

Today I went to a Baptist General Convention meeting and Paul Powell was the speaker (shout out to Truett Seminary) He spoke on the history of Texas Baptists - it was pretty cool. After that I went over to Katharines apartment and spent an hour with her and little Hannah. Yep, my godchild is still as beautiful as ever.

Aaron is telling me to hurry up because he wants me to go with him to the driving range - I like golfing alright, but I only last for about 15 minutes then I'm ready to move on to a more active sport (or at least one that I'm better at!).

RJ

0 comments: