Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thankfulness


This morning I read my friend Robin's blog... She and her husband are getting ready to go on a road trip up to Colorado. See, they both feel called to start a church in the Denver area and this is kind of a scouting trip to check out locations and such. Anyways, in her blog she mentioned that she got ready for the trip by doing all the usual things (packing, checking the map, and buying a new outfit or two). But, then it hit her that she hadn't been spiritually preparing herself for the journey.

After reading her blog I commented about how quick I am to forget to spiritually prepare for things as well. Anyways, I left my comment and then signed off so that I could actually start doing my job at the Network. Well all of the sudden...it hit me. God answered a HUGE prayer that Aaron and I had been praying about for months. Our church has been without a music minister for a very very long time. Aaron and I have been praying and believing that God would bring us just the right person - and he did!

On Sunday, Ryan Roberts said that he would be our music minister for the summer. He's a Baylor Football player (quarterback), so he's super busy during the school year but he has plenty of time this summer to lead worship for our little congregation at Hilltop Christian Fellowship. Thank you so much Lord for answering our prayer - we can't wait to see what great things your are going to do next!!

0 comments: