Tuesday, July 3, 2007

YEC Weekend




This past weekend was a whirlwind of activity after activity....Aaron and I took 20 kids to the Youth Evangelism Conference in Dallas. None of the kids had ever been to anything like it before....Shane and Shane led worship and my old preacher, JR Vassar was one of the speakers. I also ran into an old friend that went with me to China! The YEC was awesome, but we didn't stop there. We all went to see Evan Almighty (two thumbs up), went out on the boat and did a LOT of tubing, swam, played tons of ping pong, and went to Hurricane Harbor! On Sunday we took the group to Lake Pointe for church...

Sunday afternoon (while the gang was at HH) I was a hostess for my great friend Katharine's baby shower. She is having a little girl and they are going to call her Hannah. The shower was wonderful and I was able to see three of my very best friends all at once!

Needless to say..I am still more than a little tired. But, it was all worth it in the end. Our youth group became really close and a few of the girls really opened their hearts to me. Aaron and I have been praying that God would really start doing great things in our group and that he would use us to do it. I can already see changes taking place!!!

Tomorrow Aaron, Dalton, and I are heading to Fort Worth to visit Aaron's sister Haylie and her fiance Chris. We are all going to go to a Ranger's game and then check out their new house. Hooray for the 4th of July!



3 comments:

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Looks like fun Rachael! Yes...I'm sure you are tired but totally worth for eternal impact! Ya'll are awesome--have a fun 4th! :) ejw

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Looks like fun Rachael! Yes...I'm sure you are tired but totally worth for eternal impact! Ya'll are awesome--have a fun 4th! :) ejw

kim s said...

Rach - the blog is looking good and you and Aaron look like you are "lovin' life" on all sides....I am proud of you and can't wait to see what all God has in store for you and Aaron.
See you Tuesday if not before.
ks