Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend Recap

Hello everyone...

Austin was awesome... a big group of us went to dinner at a taco place in Westlake. It was really cool having Aaron's friends and my friends in the same place. (I think the only other time that has happened with such a large group was at our wedding). After dinner, my friends headed off to other adventures and Aaron and I hit 6th Street with some of his friends. I LOVE 6th Street. Not for the bars or anything like that - but just for the people watching. We ended up at a chill bar on the very end of 6th. We all sat around a table (made of a HUGE tree stump) and talked until about 2:00 AM.

It was pretty cool for Don Vanderslice to come and hangout. Back in the day, he was the youth minister at FBC Amarillo. Now he pastors a church called Mosaic. Oh and if you ever want to go to Mosaic, be aware that they don't have Sunday morning services. Random, I know - but I was sorely disappointed that I didn't get to his church.

Aaron and I spent all day Saturday at foster parent training. The Bair Foundation is awesome. If you ever consider becoming a foster parent, you need to check them out. We learned some pretty terrible statistics...like 1 in every 4 girls in the USA has been sexually abused. Aaron and I underwent a harsh reality check when we realized that our future foster child will most likely have suffered some kinds of sexual abuse. I mean, we realized that sexual abuse could be a possibility...but for it to be the norm (yikes!).

Sunday Aaron baptized two of our youth...Ramiro and Shelly. It was incredible!!!!



Today Aaron and I are trying to figure out how to get a fire extinguisher installed in our house...yeah we love becoming foster parents.

0 comments: