Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fiasco

The keys have been lost for 5 hours now... 5 LONG hours. At first it wasn't too bad, searching my parents house for the Navigator keys but now its to the point of exasperation. Aaron, Chris, Dalton and I were supposed to take my parents car back to Waco because we're going to drive to Amarillo tomorrow night (the heater in Aaron's car isn't working and its 30* in Amarillo). We were all ready to go at 4:00 when my dad realized that he couldn't find keys. We searched the house for OVER 2 hours and nothing turned up. My dad finally gave in and called a locksmith and guess how much its going to cost to get a replacement key made....$180. Yep, crazy huh? Especially considering that we don't even need the locksmith to unlock the car because the Navigator has one of those touch pads on the outside, all we need is a key to start the motor. The locksmith came over an hour ago and he's still outside working. We're loving getting to spend extra time with my family, but we need to get to Waco. I'm pretty sure that this is all part of some elaborate plan to get us to spend the night in Rockwall - My parents would just love that!

Oh and today we celebrated Christmas with my family. I got a lot of wonderful gifts, but my sweet husband gave me the best one.... A giraffe print purse that I've been eyeing forever!

REJ

0 comments: