Thursday, December 13, 2007

White Rock and White Christmas

Last weekend was a bast, but I think it left me feeling more tired than refreshed. Saturday was the WHITTLE FAMILY CHRISTMAS. Every year about 65 - 70 of my relatives got together at my parents house and we eat, play games, and exchange gifts. This year we did a white elephant gift exchange and I got the game "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" Its pretty fun...but honestly its a little too easy (not for me..I got most of the questions wrong, but all the other adults were doing great)

Then on Sunday morning I walked the White Rock 1/2 Marathon with two of my favorite people in Waco - Kim Scott and Jennifer Baker. We also used to be involved with the BU Spirit Squads and even though we don't do that together anymore, we've all stayed great friends. We woke up bright and eary on Sunday, donned our running gear, and headed out to Dallas. Unfortunately nobody told us that it was going to be 38* and drizzling - Ughhhh my hands went numb the second I stepped outside. I got so cold that I put on someone's discarded beenie just to keep my ears warm. Yeah, I know its sorta gross...I found the beenie laying beside the gutter on the streets of Dallas but I was seriously THAT COLD. We did have an awesome time just hanging out and talking for about 3 1/2 hours. And even though we walked 13.1 miles...I really felt like I could have kept going. I've already talked to my mom and I think she and I maywalk/jog one in the Spring. I did have to stop for a sandwhich half way through (that's how you know you're a little piggy - you stop for a sandwhich halfway through a marathon!) I mean, I was hungry..what can I say. There was a 7 Eleven and so I stopped and it sure was worth that extra 2 minutes it cost me.

Kim Scott's birthday was yesterday, so I want to give a little shout out to her. She is an amazing woman and I don't know if I would have made it through college without her guidance. I love her and I am so thankful for her friendship!

In other news...Aaron and I are hosting a Christmas Party at our house tomorrow night. And how many people are coming? Well, I'm glad you asked.... 70! Yeah, don't ask me what we're going to do - in fact, we don't even really have a plan. Our house will only hold about 20 and thats pushing it. It was supposed to be a Come and Go Church Christmas Party, but all of the sudden the entire church decided to carpool together and that means that they will ALL arrive here at exactly the same time (YIKES). We are just going to hope for cold weather, build a bonfire out back, and try to shoo people outside to sit around the bonfire.

I'll let you know how it goes....

Pace,
Rachael

0 comments: