Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Books Books and more Books

Here are a few of the books that I got for Valentine’s Day… My dad sent me the first three! Usually he sends my sister and I matching outfits from Old Navy, but I guess he decided to branch out this year. About the Old Navy outfits: I have nothing against Old Navy, but both my sis and I are perplexed why my dad always buys us skirts outfits from there – neither one of us are big Old Navy shoppers. One of my dear friends and I deduced that it’s because Old Navy is within his comfort zone. He knows that everything in there is generally in style, so he can’t really go wrong. Plus they have them in everywhere, so we can always take back the things we aren’t really fond of. I keep my outfit every year because its fun to wear something that reminds me of how much my dad loves me.

The 4th book is from my dear friend Amy..I love that girl! I actually read this book back in high school. Unfortunately I don’t remember much of it…probably because I read it in French and had to translate the entire book to English. Thank goodness for freetranslation.com!

3 comments:

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

So you never told us...do you like any of them thus far? Or have you not gotten to them yet. That would be my answer. What new mom has time to read? I'm trying though--really I am! I tried to get into Time Travelers Wife but didn't complete it. Miss you --lets hang soon...ejw

Unknown said...

The Secret Life of Bees is one of my favorite books of all time! Perfect for every woman!

kjds said...

sue monk kidd is a great author! you will love that book! the time travelers wife freaked me out a tad but its a super creative story with some shady moments in there.

i am excited you are going to be a teacher!! i loved teaching in waco and miss it a lot! i taught at st paul's day school downtown and i LOVED that place. i actually worked there for 7+ years doing after school care and then teaching 3rd grade.