Thursday, February 21, 2008

Teacher Prep

I haven't really talked much about it on the blog...but my life has been crazy lately. I'm enrolled in the Region 12 Teacher Preparation and Certification Program. I'm there Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:00 - 9:00 pm and then on Saturdays from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Needless to say, I'm stressed out and sleepy all the time because I'm still working a FULL TIME JOB!

But, I am really excited about the program. I have amazing teachers who are so full of knowledge and they really do make learning fun! Hopefully I'll be like them someday : ) I've always known that I wanted to be a teacher - actually someday I'd like to be a religion professor at a university, but I can wait on that for a while. Right now I'm getting my certification for elementary education... I used to think that I wanted to teach middle or high school, but who knows, I'll just have to see where the Lord takes me!

Part of the Region 12 program is that I have to do a 2 week internship at a school (similar to student teaching). I just talked with my sponsor teacher and I'm going to be with a woman named Melissa Holt from Connally Elementary. <-- EJ do you know anyone at Connally Elementary? The only bad part of the deal is that I have to use my 2 week WRBN vacation time to do this... Sucks huh? Oh well, it will all be worth it in the end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's how my mom, sister, and wife all got their certification. It'll be worth it. Good luck!

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Yes, Rachael...Jennifer Johnson teaches 1st grade there...go find her and tell her we're friends...used to be one of my BU cheerleaders, etc...Jennifer is the head football coach's wife...we are buds...:) Let me know how it goes...hope to see you soon. thanks for the comment. love ya! ejw

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

PS- We also know Stephanie Campbell (Psychologist/ Counselor) ...one of our dearest friends!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

It's totally going to be worth it! Way to persevere!