Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Town Baby


Aaron and I just got back from a great weekend in Amarillo... I'm not sure that Texas gets any better than Amarillo. Haylie and Chris (my sister in law and now NEW brother in law) got married this weekend at First Baptist Amarillo. It was a weekend full of family, food, bowling, dancing, swimming, and lots of other fun. Oh and a lot of dresses!!!!

FBC Amarillo might be the prettiest baptist church in the history of baptist churches. It was designed by an Austrian prince and is absolutely stunning. Haylie looked absolutely gorgeous, so between her and the church...I don't think there has ever been a prettier wedding or a prettier bride. Aaron officiated the ceremony and I am VERY proud of him. He is such a natural - God really has blessed him with the gift of preaching. It was so cool for him to stand up in a pastoral role in front of his whole hometown!!!

We spent a ton of time with Aaron's family...we don't really get to see them other than holidays and weddings, so it was fun spending an entire weekend with them. I have a new "favorite" family member - Her name is Olya and she is the girlfriend of one of Aaron's cousins. She is from Belarus, but lives in Canada and she is awesome. We had a great time out on the dance floor...When we went to Grahams (classy I know), she even danced in one of the cages - Don't worry, I did not join her for that one.....yikes! This was her first time in America and her first wedding to go to and I'm pretty sure that she loved every minute of it.

Haylie and Chris are now living it up in St. Martin and let tell you that I'm pretty jealous....I hate the real world. I sort of wish that my life was made up of honeymoons and Christmas vacations....

RJ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen sister! Vacations and Christmas...wouldn't that be amazing???? :) ejw

carrie b. said...

i love it!

yesss...one more blog to waste time on.

i need to get on blogspot...so much cooler than xanga :)