Tuesday, November 20, 2007

almost the BIG day

Here comes Turkey Day, Here comes Turkey Day...with lots of gravy on the side. Family and friends, and all the relatives wanting to stop by... (this is the song I made up about Thanksgiving. Its sort of to the tune of "Here Comes Santa Claus")

Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays. In fact I probably like it even more than Christmas. I think its because Christmas around the Whittle house is always jam packed with activity after activity. Thanksgiving, on the other hand, is a great time to chill, eat, and watch some football. Oh, and I love the Macy's Day Parade...when I get up for it. This year Thanksgiving has taken on a whole new meaning. I mean I'm in to the piligrims and indians and so forth, but I'm really starting to see a whole new meaning behind Thanksgiving. How cool is it that we can set aside an entire day to be with family and friends and just be thankful for everything God has blessed us with. Aaron and I love the moments where we are overcome with thankfulness for the Lord. I really hope that true thanksgiving will be our focus on Thursday. It's going to be pretty hard to keep that focus because the turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes are going to put up a hard fight...but I think we can do it.

Hooray for turkey, Hooray for stuffing, Hooray for family, and Hooray for true Thanksgiving!

0 comments: