Wednesday, November 28, 2007

delay

I'm sorry. I've been very slow about blogging lately and I know that you are all just dying to hear about life in Waco...so let me help you catch up.

Thanksgiving was awesome! After getting off to a slow start (Aaron had to finish some stuff up at the church on Wednesday night) we drove from Waco to Rockwall, but we got stuck in TONS of 1-35 traffic the whole way there. Chris slept through most of the drive...Vader threw up twice...and Aaron doesn't have heat in his car. So, yeah the drive was not my favorite but thankfully it only takes an hour and a half to get there. We had dinner with my family on Wednesday night and then my brother Grant took Chris around Rockwall to meet some of his old high school buddies. Aaron and I just spent the evening talking with my little sis and parents. On Thursday my mom and I power walked (Sara Whittle can POWERwalk!), then I made a pecan pie, then some cousins came over Thanksgiving Dinner. It was pretty chill this year because only one family of cousins came over (there were only 17 people) usually when we all get together the number gets up to near 80 or so. That afternoon we went to see "Dan In Real Life" which is now my new favorite movie. Its HILARIOUS good clean humor - Go See It! I honestly can't really remember what we did on Friday...hmmm..nope don't know. But, on Friday night we made a big bonfire out on our land and about 25 people came, hung out, and made smores. One of my very best friends and her husband came which made it a great night. Then on Saturday we went and ate lunch down at the Harbour and then headed back to Waco. So yeah, it was a great Thanksgiving Break!

This week has already been crazy and I have a feeling that with the holidays approaching I'm only going to get busier and busier! I had to go to Temple on Monday to take a HUGE test. It was similar to the PSAT and the math section made me want to cry. But, I did my best so hopefully I'll pass. Then yesterday I found out that my boss is leaving the WRBN and taking a job at Truett to be the Director of Development (pretty much he'll be in charge of raising scholarship money for people like my husband). I'm so excited for him, but I'm really nervous for the Waco Regional Baptist Network and for myself. My boss was SO laid back and just really great to work for. I'm really going to have to start praying that my new boss is sort of the same! Oh and with him leaving...guess who that leaves to run the office....ummm me. Yep, I've only worked here for 6 months and already I'm going to be in charge. CRAZY!

Well, Aaron is waiting to take me to lunch - I LOVE him!

RJ

1 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

more posts, more posts, more posts!!!!