Friday, November 2, 2007

Tradition

If you've ever seen the play "Fiddler on the Roof, " you'll probably remember a song titled "Tradition." Its the opening song and its sung by the main character Tevye. Its a great song and when I wrote the title to today's blog the song popped up in my head and I'm pretty sure that I'll be singing it for the rest of the night.

Anways.. I've been thinking a lot about traditions because Aaron and I are a little family of two, but someday we hope to have a posse of little rascals. Now growing up my family always made fun of me because I was SO into traditions. I remember crying when my mom told my sister Katie that she could where pants to church instead of a skirt. Those tears were not flowing because I felt God was dishonored by pantaloons... oh no, it was just that we had always worn skirts to church and what was the world going to come to if we stopped wearing them. And for your information., as embarrassing as this is.. I was in middle school.

Okay, back to the whole point of today's post - This weekend is Baylor's Homecoming. Aaron's family is coming in town to celebrate and I'm so excited to see them. We are going to have a great time going out to dinner, playing games, and showing them around our new church. The only problem is... nobody really cares much about the traditional Homecoming activities that are going on this weekend. Nobody but me that is. I love the Friday night bonfire and pep rally... I wait all year for SING and the happy little costumed dancers...And how could someone sleep through Waco's biggest parade? I'm a little worried that if we don't attend these events this year, then we might never attend them...because after all, traditions have to be started sometime, right?

Now, for those of you that go/went to Baylor you probably think I'm crazy for wanting to attend these activities...but you have to remember that I used to be a Baylor Cheerleader and I pretty much live for this kind of stuff.

HHHHeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy SIC'Em Bears!
REJ

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i hear u sister...not sure how you can live in waco and not participate in bu homecoming...don't worry you'll make it a tradition to go hopefully. it's just a part of us!! :)