Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Public Transportation

For those of you that don't know - Waco has a very dependable transit system. Now, I have lived in Waco for almost 7 years and I have never been on the bus...I've never even ridden (is ridden a word?) one of those sweet trolleys that cruise around Baylor's campus.

But TOMORROW that is all going to change.

I'm going to become a bus rider. There are several reasons for this: I am tired of the maintenance that my car needs. The Cougar is getting old and today was the last straw. I had to get an oil change and replace two of the tires. Now Aaron says that this is regular maintenance, but I don't care - I'm done with it. Second of all, why not ride the bus. It goes everywhere that I need to go and I'll still have the car at home for emergencies and such. Actually..Aaron and I have THREE vehicles; my car, his car, and the motorcycle. I think that is a bit excessive especially when there is a fourth mode of transportation - The Waco Bus System. Also, I'm helping out the environment. Well, actually maybe not. Have you ever seen the black smoke that comes pouring out the back of those buses? But, I've heard that public transportation is good for the ol' ecosystem, so I'm going to do it. And finally...it only costs $30 per month for an unlimited ticket. So, bus riding fits my budget perfectly.





Now some of you (Aaron) may think I'm bluffing. But, I'm not. I have already visited the Waco Bus Station, I have my bus schedule, and I'm ready. Tomorrow morning I will be a the Walmart on I35 waiting for my ride.

0 comments: