Monday, August 13, 2007

Typical

Hello Blogging Friends...

Today has been a pretty typical Monday. I started off the morning by hitting the snooze button several times. Jumped out of bed at 7:50 and raced to the CRISIS Center. Hung up two garbage bags full of clothes. Went back home and got dressed in my "work attire." Came to work and read the Waco Tribune Herald looking for mention of any of our churches. Went and got my fingerprints taken (see previous blog). Mailed out some postcards about an upcoming pastors conference. And now I'm talking to you. I kind of like days like today - no worries, no anxiety, no excitement...just kinda cruising along.

After work Aaron and I are heading to the pool - Working full time has turned me kind of pasty. I used to be a sun slave...seriously. Life guarding for 7+ years makes you crave sunlight and chlorine. I used to spend my summers rocking a one piece and reeking of sweat and chlorine. And I loved every minute of it - weird I know.

An interesting thing I learned this weekend...
I used to be a little bit embarrassed by how Aaron and I met. I mean, I still kind of cringe when I think about how "shady" we used to be, but as of this weekend I don't feel quite as bad.

See Aaron and I met my freshman year while I had another boyfriend. I don't want to go into the whole story here, but lets just say that its not exactly the story I want to tell the sweet old lady in church when she asks how we met.

This weekend I talked to TWO ministers who both met their wives in shady ways. One of them met his wife at a frat party. See, another girl was hitting on him and he wanted to get away, so he went up to his "future wife" and started hitting on her instead. The other minister I talked to met his wife over tequila shots at 2:00 in the morning. They were friends that had crushes on each other and so they would hang out all night and talk over tequila.

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not justifying the way Aaron and I met. Its just nice to know that we are not alone in our shady stories. Good thing God changes people!

Rachael "the shadester" Johnson

1 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

yeah, me too about we should've hung more!! me & adam's got set up and went to scruffy's to play pool the 1st time we met so no big deal