Friday, October 12, 2007

Life Lately

Hello Bloggy Friends...

I just thought I should give ya'll a little update on whats been going on in Team Family Love. Hmm..where to start.

I guess we'll start with today. I took a mini vacation from work (half day yesterday and all day today) because we were going to go camping in Arkansas. Its fall break at Truett and Aaron and I LOVE camping, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. But, things didn't really work out, so now we are just spending a relaxing weekend in Waco.

Aaron has been asked to preach at a church in Crawford, TX this Sunday and we are really excited to see what comes from this opportunity. He preached there a couple Sundays ago and the church seemed really interested in us. They've been without a pastor for a while now and they think that Aaron might be a great fit!!!! This would mean lots of things for us - We would stay in Waco after Aaron graduates from Truett, Aaron would be preaching (we both really believe that God has called Aaron to pastor), He would get lots of experience in a relatively "low stress" environment, and he would make 3 times as much $$$$.

But, there are a couple negatives - We would have to leave our kids in Lometa. We love them so much and have formed some great relationships over the past 2 years. Its hard to walk away from kids that you've seen a huge transformation in. But, we know that its God that is doing the transforming (not us) and God is still and will always be in Lometa. Also, I was really looking forward to going somewhere "different and cool" when Aaron graduated. I'd been picturing Colorado, Oregon, or maybe somewhere on the East Coast. Umm Crawford is pretty much Waco and although I like Waco its definitely not "different and cool."

Some of ya'll maybe wondering whats going on with the whole foster care situation... Well the past two weeks have been really stressful for me. See the Bair Foundation found a sweet little 6 year old girl that need a home, but she was having some medical issues. The state kept saying that they were going to release her to us, but they never did. So for two weeks, I kept thinking "today is going to be the day they release her to us." But, sadly it never happened. I found out this morning that they actually placed the little girl back with her family, so hopefully that's a good thing. This morning when I talked to the Bair Foundation, they asked if we could take a 17 year old girl and her baby................................................
Ummm, when they asked I was speechless because I didn't want to say "no" but I knew that it wouldn't really be a good placement. So, eventually I said "no" and I just have to trust that God is going to provide a better home for the girl and her baby.

Okay, last thing - Tomorrow, Aaron and I are going to GREEK FEST! How cool, right? I've never been to a Greek Festival, but I already know that its going to be great. Its happening at the Greek Orthodox Church in Waco and there's going to be lots of food and dancing!!!

Alright...its time for brunch (otherwise known as scrambled eggs and biscuits and jelly)
RJ

0 comments: