Friday, October 26, 2007

Working for the weekend

Today is a fabulous Friday...No, there's nothing special about it, but I think that ALL Fridays are absolutely fabulous. How could they not be?

Aaron and I don't really have any plans for the weekend...actually all of our plans are a little on the boring side, but I'm actually really excited about them. Wanna hear? Okay, so tonight we are going to go on a motorcycle ride, then I'm going to work out, then I'm going to the store to buy some heavy duty cleaning supplies and something for dinner. Then I'm going to go home and cook dinner and then clean with my heavy duty supplies. Sounds like a blast, eh?

Tomorrow, we will probably do some more cleaning and maybe even paint our gigantic 5 ft tall dog house that Aaron built a while back. Aaron, me, Obie, Potter, and Vader can all fit comfortably inside it. Yeah..its that big. I'm still not really sure why he built it SOO big, but he's very proud of it, so I figure its best not to say anything too negative. Some of ya'll may be wondering who Vader is...well he's our brand new puppy! He was originally a gift for my younger brother Kyle, but that didn't work out so now he's ours. He's half Australian shepherd and half border collie and he looks just like Obie. In fact, Obie seems to think that he's her puppy! I'll put a pic up soon..I promise!
And yes, we do have some of the nerdiest named pets... Obi Wan Kan obi, Harry Potter, and Darth Vader. HA - I love it!

On Saturday night we are making the trek down to the LO - Its their community Harvest Festival and a few of our youth group girls were nominated to walk in the pageant. I'm not really sure what all goes on at the Harvest Festival, but we wouldn't miss it for the world. It was horrible when we told our youth group that Aaron had taken the position at Hilltop. All of the girls started bawling and a few of the guys even teared up. So, we plan to be in Lometa a lot this next week because Aaron starts at Hilltop November 1st. We plan on still going down to Lometa every once in a while for some of the kids major activities...but it just won't be the same and that's going to be hard.

Anyways... I better get back to work.

Blessed Assurance,
Rachael

1 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Have fun with your laid back weekend! Those are definitely the best ones.