Thursday, April 10, 2008

Aye Carrumba my mom is in CUBA!


Yep, you read correctly. My pretty little momma headed over to Cuba this morning at 6:00 a.m. She's going on a 7 day mission trip with her church, Lake Pointe. They are leading 3 leadership conferences for a few different Baptist churches in Cuba. My mom is leading two seminars: the first one is about the importance of small community groups within the church and the second seminar is about the role of women's ministries.... Cool huh?

I'm so proud of her and can't wait to hear all about her travels and the amazing things that God is doing in Cuba. She was a little nervous about leaving...It was kind of bad timing work and family wise, but she really felt like God was telling her to go - so she did! My mom's been to Cuba once before, about 7 years ago, so thankfully she's at least a little familiar with the culture and the people.

I know that she's going to have a great time, but if you think about it...please pray for my mom, her group, and the Cuban churches while they are over there.

Love ya'll,
Rach

PS. In reference to my last post - Did I mention that I had wedding cake flavored snow cones at my wedding?! They were fantastic!

0 comments: