Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Web MD


Its almost 6:00 a.m. and I'm sitting at my computer drinking a huge glass of water... "Why?" you may ask. All because Web MD told me too. Supposedly drinking a large amount of water is going to cure my little illness that started last night. But, drinking water or anything for that matter is the last thing I want to do. Ughh...I just want to be back in bed!

On a side note...At about 4:55 am I woke up with my pesky little health problem and wondered if I needed to go to the doctor. I was sitting in bed weighing the pros and cons of a doctors visit when all of the sudden it hit me - America's health care system sucks. Now don't worry...I 'm not going to get political about this, but isn't it a shame that a 24 year old girl with a decent insurance plan has second thoughts about scheduling a doctor appointment because she knows the costs associated with the visit are going to be astronomical. Instead of calling a health care professional like a "sick" person should do..... I turned to a source I could actually afford: the Internet. Perfect?!?!
PS.. Isn't that picture kind of creepy - Who wants a doc with a sick mustache?

1 comments:

Suzy said...

Your blog is great! I'm glad to hear about your exciting life!
-Suzy (Smith)