Wednesday, April 9, 2008

For the love of snowcones


Here's a little haiku for your reading enjoyment
Snow Cones
snow cones are my love
blue hawaiian / wedding cake
frosty sticky fun

Every year I count down the days until snow cone season officially begins. For me, the beginning of snow cone season represents the beginning of summer. I love saving up my change and heading over to Mr. Snow for blue hawaiian / wedding cake mix with lots of cream. There was an entire summer that I literally ate relatively nothing but Subway and snow cones.

Some of my best memories are associated with snow cones... like the time I Aaron and I were riding on the motorcycle and we decided to go get snow cones and then head back to the apartment to watch a movie. Of course, I convinced him that I could hold both the snow cones all the way back and that I could just "hang on" to the motorcycle using my leg strength?! After about 5 minutes of that nonsense I threw his snow cone onto the pavement, wrapped my free arm around his waist, and we traveled all the way back home laughing about how I selfishly saved only my snow cone.

Yesterday I was on my way to class (ughh) and I decided to make a pit stop at Mr. Snow for the first snow cone of the season. Thankfully I had just enough change (I only pay for snow cones using change...even if its pennies). I showed up at class with blue teeth, sticky hands, and a giant grin on my face: SNOW CONE SEASON HAS BEGUN!

1 comments:

kjds said...

Did you get a teaching job for next year??