Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Totally Tuesday

I'm about to head out to lunch with my great friend Kim (ponderosaponderings@blogspot.com). I think we are hittin up McAllisters today...I'm excited because she's going to tell me all about her trip to DC. I seriously LOVE vacations - Even when I don't even get to go! She went up there to visit our good friend Jennifer Baker who's a grad intern at the White House!!!

In other news... I GOT THE JOB! Yep, I'm officially going to be a 4th grade teacher at Connally Elementary next year. In fact, I already started filling out all the paper work. I serve an amazing God...this is the exact job I've been praying for. Its great pay, in the community we live in, Chris goes to school in the district, the grade I want, and the subject I want. Ummm can it get any better than that?? I actually found out I got hired the day after my interview last week...but I didn't want to post it on here until I had some pictures to post at the same time. I'm so lame!

Another cool thing happened lately...We got to meet Chris' brother last night. His name is Nick and he's 11 years old. He lives about an hour away in a group home for mentally retarded children. Even though he is MR...he's hilarious! We met up with him and his caseworker at Chic-Fil-A and then after eating headed over to a park to play some ball. Aaron would pitch, Nick would hit, and Chris would field. Everytime Nick hit the ball, he'd yell to Chris "Go Get The Ball FAT BOY!" Chris would just laugh and laugh... It was wonderful seeing the two of them together. They haven't seen each other in almost a year, so it was a huge blessing for God to bring them together again. I think the judge is going to let them start seeing each other once a month, so get ready for more funny Nick stories. Oh and PS...Nick farts ALL the time. Like I heard maybe 30 farts yesterday - sick, but hilarious!

Word to your mother,
Rach

1 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Congratulations! That's great. You'll be a great 4th grade teacher!