Friday, April 18, 2008

Reading Rainbow

My sister-in-law Haylie is turning 23 tomorrow ~~~Happy Birthday Haylie~~~ When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she surprised me with the most wonderful answer ever. She wants BOOKS!

Some of you may be surprised that I am a passionate reader. In fact I was up until 2:00 a.m. last night reading "The Other Bolelyn Girl" (not a favorite at all). I also collected over 1,000 books to send to my friends in Sudan because I felt called to start a library at the English Language School in Khartoum <---I'll give ya'll all the details of that adventure later.

Anyways....my cute little sister in law is going to try to develop a love for reading. Here are the books I'm sending her: Blessed Child, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Cheaper By The Dozen, and The Wedding. I discovered a used bookstore yesterday and it was as good as walking into a room filled with gold. So many book...I mean they were literally everywhere! Anyways, I got four books for the grand total of $18.00...Not bad huh?!

Here's a list of some of my top books...if you haven't read them yet, let me know and I'll let ya borrow!

Gone With The Wind
Scarlett
Cheaper By The Dozen
The Mark of the Lion (series)
Father Elijah
Redeeming Love
The Davinci Code
Angels and Demons
The Chronicles of Narnia (series)
Christy
Alanna: The First Adventure
Enders Game
Captain Ahabs Wife
Harry Potter (series)

Happy Friday!
REJ

2 comments:

kjds said...

I have not read some of these so I am adding them to my list to pick up at the library!

Have you read 'The Restorer' or 'The Restorer's Son'? You should ... so good!

Unknown said...

I loved Angels and Demons!

You need to read The Secret Life of Bees--it's a must for every woman!